Reds 4, Mets 0: Three Up, Three Down
“Boo,” the fans at Citi Field say to Ike Davis. “Boo.”
1. OF Lucas Duda: Duda was the only Mets player to reach base safely more than once, which says more about the rest of the team than it does about Duda.
2. LHP Scott Rice: This guy pitches every day, and he just continues to pitch well. More than a great story for Rice, it’s a boon for the bullpen.
3. C John Buck: He and Jon Niese made the necessary adjustments after a tough first inning, and Buck added what should have been an RBI double in the fourth. It wasn’t.
1. 3B David Wright: His error, plain and simple, lost the Mets the game. And it was an easily-preventable error, a ball right through his legs. Wright also finished 0-for-4 at the plate.
2. 1B Ike Davis: Another hitless game for Davis, including a groundout with two men in scoring position and two outs in the fourth. The boos at Citi Field are growing in intensity.
3. OF Rick Ankiel: So much for that little hitting streak. Ankiel finished 0-for-4 with — guess what? — a strikeout.
Three Up, Three Down Season Standings:
RHP Matt Harvey
OF Marlon Byrd, C John Buck, 3B David Wright
INF Justin Turner, 2B Daniel Murphy
RHP LaTroy Hawkins, OF Mike Baxter, OF Juan Lagares, LHP Scott Rice
LHP Jon Niese, LHP Robert Carson, RHP Jeremy Hefner, RHP Greg Burke
RHP Collin McHugh
LHP Aaron Laffey, RHP Brandon Lyon, RHP Scott Atchison, RHP Shaun Marcum, OF Jordany Valdespin, C Anthony Recker, SS Ruben Tejada
OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
LHP Josh Edgin, RHP Dillon Gee
1B Ike Davis
Follow me on Twitter @AnthonyDiComo.