Dispatches from Port St. Lucie, 2/22
Former Mets beat writer Marty Noble held down camp again today while I worked on some other things. He watched as Matt Harvey threw a baseball for the first time since Tommy John surgery.
What we learned: The Mets have not yet decided whether Harvey will rehab in Port St. Lucie, Fla. or New York City, where he lives. Players on extended rehab typically stay in Florida.
What we wrote:
Around the league:
- Orioles, Nelson Cruz agree to one-year, $8 million deal
- Dodgers finalize deal with Cuba’s Erisbel Arruebarrena
- Chase Headley out at least two weeks with calf strain
- Turned loose: Green light suits Carlos Gomez’s game
- Chris Capuano’s boyhood dream becomes reality with Red Sox
They said it:
“Everything felt absolutely amazing.” –Harvey on throwing for the first time since surgery
Follow me on Twitter @AnthonyDiComo