Dispatches from Port St. Lucie, 2/27
Breathe a sigh of relief, Mets fans. Jon Niese is okay, and Grapefruit League games start tomorrow.
What we learned: Niese’s MRI came back clean, meaning there is no structural damage in his shoulder. Expect him to miss his next start, but probably not much more.
What we wrote:
- MRI results show Niese’s shoulder is ‘clean’
- Mets face Opening Day foe in first spring game
- Intrasquad contest a showcase for Syndergaard
- Castrovince: Mets rely on young arms, infusion of experience
- Mets, Clear Channel lock down deal with ESPN Deportes
Around the league:
- R.A. Dickey focused on building velocity as spring continues
- Seahawks’ Wilson won’t play in Cactus League game
They said it:
“Usually when our guys have gone up to get looked at, they’ve come back with bad news. I’m happy I’ve given people some peace of mind.” –Niese
Follow me on Twitter @AnthonyDiComo