Dispatches from Port St. Lucie, 3/13
Things are starting to get hectic for the Mets. Many of them will skip Friday’s game, taking an afternoon flight bound for the glitz of Las Vegas. Once they return, it will be coming up on crunch time.
What we learned: Noah Syndergaard is still really, really good at pitching.
What we wrote:
- Mets 7, Nationals 5: Starters impress before late rally lifts Mets
- Matsuzaka, Syndergaard give peek into Mets’ plans
- Tejada’s spring struggles continue at shortstop
- Warthen reiterates contrition for inappropriate remarks
- Wright makes rare road Spring Training start
Around the league:
“I have been preparing, expecting myself to be in that position.” –Daisuke Matsuzaka on his chances to win the fifth starter’s job
Follow me on Twitter @AnthonyDiComo