Results tagged ‘ Forbes ’
Forbes released its annual valuations of Major League teams today, with the Mets clocking in sixth at $811 million. Forbes estimated that the Mets brought in $232 million in revenue, 11th-most in baseball, during the most recent fiscal period, and lost $2.4 million in operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization).
The top eight most valuable MLB teams, according to Forbes:
- New York Yankees, $2.30 billion
- Los Angeles Dodgers, $1.62 billion
- Boston Red Sox, $1.31 billion
- Chicago Cubs, $1.00 billion
- Philadelphia Phillies, $893 million
- New York Mets, $811 million
- San Francisco Giants, $786 million
- Texas Rangers, $764 million
The rest of the list, including trends, revenue, debt and income information, is available here.
Follow me on Twitter @AnthonyDiComo.