Results tagged ‘ Jason Kipnis ’
It was only a matter of time before something contentious happened at Mets camp. The spring’s first squabble came in the form of a New York Post report revealing that Ike Davis played through injury for much of last summer. Davis responded with venom.
What we learned: Davis played through injury from mid-May until one if his right oblique muscles “popped,” in his words, in late August. What we don’t know is how much the pain played into his season-long struggles; Davis says not at all. … Unlike fellow veterans David Wright and Daniel Murphy, Curtis Granderson will not shy away from early Grapefruit League action, preferring to see as much live pitching as possible after injuries severely shortened his 2013 season. … The new rule thought to ban home plate collisions will actually only prohibit the most egregious ones, in which runners or catchers are clearly and actively seeking contact.
What we wrote:
- Davis vehemently disputes playing with injury
- Granderson to play early, often this spring
- New collision rule no problem for d’Arnaud
Around the league:
- New rule on home-plate collisions put into effect
- Rangers extend Ron Washington through 2015 season
- Masahiro Tanaka puts on dazzling show for Yanks in sim game
- Indians exploring extension options with Jason Kipnis
They said it:
“I sucked last year because I sucked. It’s not because I had an injury. You always have injuries and now it just looks bad. I didn’t want the article to come out and it did, so whatever.” –Davis on the New York Post report
Follow me on Twitter @AnthonyDiComo