Results tagged ‘ Shannon Forde ’
Some pretty cool auction items still remain at CharityBuzz, with proceeds benefiting Mets staffer Shannon Forde, who is battling Stage IV breast cancer. Check out the full list here, but remember: these auctions all end Wednesday afternoon.
Available items are:
- Two tickets to “Saturday Night Live” plus a backstage tour of the set
- Private hitting lesson with Ike Davis, watch BP from field, 4 tickets to game
- Private pitching lesson with Dwight Gooden, watch BP from field, 4 tickets to game
- Four tickets to “Wicked,” plus a backstage tour and VIP passes
- Two tickets to “The Book of Mormon” and dinner at NoBu
- Meet Howie Rose and the WFAN radio crew, watch BP from field, 4 tickets to game
- Meet Keith Hernandez and the SNY television crew, watch BP from field, 4 tickets to game
- Two tickets to “Phantom of the Opera” plus brunch at Tribeca Grill
- Meet Terry Collins, sit in on his press conferences, watch BP from field, 4 tickets to game
- Be the Mets team photographer for a day
- Super Bowl XLVI Flip Card autographed by Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning
- Four tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters plus a team-signed ball
Auction items to benefit Mets staffer Shannon Forde, who is battling Stage IV breast cancer, are still available. Some great packages will be on the block until Dec. 19. Fans can bid on them here: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/Shannon.
- A private hitting lesson from Mets first baseman Ike Davis
- Saturday Night Live tickets and a backstage tour
- A private pitching lesson from Mets great Dwight Gooden
And many more.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, the dinner to benefit Mets staffer Shannon Forde’s fight against Stage IV breast cancer has been postponed until Thursday, November 29 at 7 p.m. at the Westmount Country Club in Woodland Park, NJ.
To re-confirm dinner tickets for the fundraiser, please email email@example.com. To re-confirm reservations for the meet and greet with former Mets stars, email Danielle.Heuer@optimum.net or call her at 732-241-1917.
In conjunction with the dinner, an online auction at www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/shannon will also run through November 7. Fans can bid on such items as a 30-minute pitching session with R.A. Dickey, a 30-minute pitching session with Johan Santana and a 30-minute hitting session with David Wright.
All information regarding the dinner is still available at http://www.hopeshinesforshannon.com.
Hope Shines for Shannon, the organization raising funds to assist longtime Mets staffer Shannon Forde’s medical expenses in her fight against Stage IV breast cancer, has opened an online auction featuring some pretty cool items and experiences.
You can access the auction page here: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/Shannon.
Auction items include:
- Meet Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan at a Taping of Live! With Kelly & Michael in New York
- Learn from the Best with a Pitching Lesson from Mets Star R.A. Dickey at Citi Field and Watch Batting Practice From The Field
- Enjoy 2 Tickets to Saturday Night Live Including a Backstage Tour of the Set
- Mets Star David Wright Will Give You a Hitting Lesson at Citi Field!
- Meet Jon Stewart & Get 2 Tickets to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart in NYC
And many, many more. Please consider supporting this cause, and remember that tickets for Shannon’s Nov. 1 fundraising dinner/auction are available at http://www.hopeshinesforshannon.com.
Pitcher Matt Harvey, former Mets manager Willie Randolph and Joe McEwing, a member of New York’s 2000 National League championship team, are the latest additions to the Nov. 1 dinner honoring Shannon Forde. Forde, who has been with the Mets for 18 years in the media relations department, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
“When I read about Shannon I just knew I had to be there for her,” said Randolph. “She just made things so much easier for me when I was with the Mets.”
The fundraiser will be held at the Westmount Country Club in Woodland Park, NJ. Admission to the dinner is $100, while there is a meet and greet with Daniel Murphy, Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, John Franco, Bob Ojeda, Al Leiter, Edgardo Alfonzo, Ed Kranepool, Ed Charles and New York Giants Super Bowl punter Sean Landeta for an additional $250.
Guests at the dinner, which runs from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., will be able to bid on such unique items as:
- Dinner with Darryl Strawberry at his restaurant.
- A 30 minute pitching lesson with Dwight Gooden.
- A visit to the SNY booth to meet announcers Keith Hernandez, Gary Cohen and Ron Darling.
- A private meeting with Mets manager Terry Collins, plus the chance to sit in on is pre and post game press conferences at Citi Field.
To make a monetary donation, checks should be made payable to “Hope Shines for Shannon” and can be mailed to P.O. Box 3145, Point Pleasant, NJ 08742.